Vote with your wallet! Are you shopping at a Cerberus-owned store? You might be! Click to learn more!
WHAT CAREGIVERS CAN DO
- Support sensible gun laws that limit child access to firearms.
- Talk to your children about the potential dangers of guns.
- Teach children never to touch or play with a gun.
- Teach children to tell an adult if they find a gun, or call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number if no adult is present.
- Before you send your child to someone’s house, (playmate, relative, neighbor), ASK if they have a gun in the home. If there is a gun, make sure that the gun is stored unloaded and locked, ideally in a gun safe, with ammunition locked separately. Present your concerns in a respectful, non-confrontational manner.
WHAT RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS CAN DO
- If you have children in the home, any gun is a potential danger to them. Seriously consider the risks.
- Store ammunition in a separate, locked location.
- Use a gun safe, lock box and trigger lock on every firearm.
- Keep gun storage keys and lock combinations hidden in a separate location.
- Take a course in using, maintaining and storing guns safely.
- Store firearms unloaded, locked up and out of children’s reach.