AN ACT RELATIVE TO CRIME GUN DATA REPORTING AND ANALYSIS.
Since 2014, crime gun data has been collected by the commonwealth but has not been utilized successfully. This bill would require a report and analysis about the existing data so that legislators and law enforcement can
effectively target the source of guns used in crime.
With YOUR help, both MA bills (H.2437 and S.1562) were reported favorably out of committee to their respective Ways and Means committees.
<< SHV with the MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence for an advocacy day at the MA State House
More Research & Data:
- Smart gun technology is here and can prevent child access and more.
- Two new research pieces highlight the broader effects of gun violence on health and examine how early intervention on gun safety could be effective.
- Gun violence prevention takes more than police.
- Study shows higher homicide risk in homes with guns.
- Harvard Business Study reviews the positive impact of Dick’s Sporting Goods policy on firearm sales.
A Humor for Humanity Podcast
Don’t miss it: John joins Jimmy Tingle on his show and explains how Massachusetts became the state with the lowest rate of gun violence in the country and how other states could follow suit.