Join John’s #SHV25 Double Your Impact Fundraising Challenge!
- The White House administration won’t support universal background checks.
- 145 CEO’s call on the Senate to vote on gun reform bills.
- Mass shooters exploit known gaps in the U.S. background check system.
- Bank of America stops financing manufacturers of military style guns.
- MSNBC to moderate the Gun Safety Forum in October.
- Boston WCVB editorial supports U.S. background checks.
- Three California teens arrested for planning a schoolshooting and in possession of a replica AR-15.
- Two dead and nine injured at a South Carolina bar shooting.
- The NRA taps $17 million from its’ affiliated foundation to pay for its’ budget deficit.
Meet Barbara; she recognized the growing problem of gun violence in the 1990’s.
Meet Ben; he shares his honest opinion on our National gun policies.
It’s back to school and Sandy Hook sends us a stark reminder on gun violence in schools.
We signed the letter #shutitdown
Bstroy is promoting sweatshirts bearing the names of Sandy Hook, Columbine, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas and riddled with holes designed to look like bullet holes. This is unacceptable and offensive. We joined a coalition of gun violence prevention organizations calling on Shopify, the e-commerce company hosting Bstroy’s store, to shut it down.
On our calendar:
- Sep 25 (Wed) Free Concert Across America in Hyannis.
- Oct 1 (Tue) LDB Peace Institute coffee with the chaplain.
- Oct 2 (Wed) Moms Demand Action Lobby Day.
- Oct 10 (Thu) Private screening of the 91% in Hyannis.
- Oct 20 (Sun) Stop Handgun Violence at Brookfield UU Church Sunday Service.
- Oct 24 (Thu) Stop Handgun Violence 25th Anniversary Party!