You may notice a change in our newsletter but the mission to end gun violence remains the same for all of us at Stop Handgun Violence. It’s easy to join us and take action for gun violence prevention and awareness!
- Add your name to our letter to Congress to reject the Trump Adminstrations’ attempt to weaken Firearms Export control.
- Watch #Ban3DGuns, then tell Congress to ban 3D printed firearms.
- Support gun violence awareness and attend an event next month!
- Lobby at the MA State House to advocate for Crime Data analysis – click #FollowTheGuns
- June 1 (Sat) Student mural project for Gun Violence Awareness.
- June 3 (Mon) Lobby day at the State House in Boston.
- June 5 (Wed) Extreme Risk Protective Order discussion in Hyannis.
- June 5 (Wed) Private screening “Outside” in Quincy; email for details.
- June 6 (Thu) Gun Violence Awareness Proclamation at the State House.
- June 7 (Fri) Gun Violence Awareness Proclamation in Brockton.
- June 8 (Sat) Boston Pride Parade #DisarmHate
- June 8 (Sat) Wear Orange Summer Slam at Lena Park.
- June 8 (Sat) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Cambridge.
- June 9 (Sun) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Wellesley.
- June 10 (Mon) Disarming Memorial Quilts now on display in Arlington.
- June 14 (Fri) Art of Ringing benefit concert in Boston.
- June 15 (Sat) Guns Down author book signing in Boston.
- June 15 (Sat) Newton Police host gun buy-back.
- June 22 (Sat) March in North Shore Pride Parade with Moms Demand Action.
- June 29 (Sat) Arlington Police host gun buy-back.
Across Our Nation
A Pediatric study shows secure gun storage could reduce teen and childhood firearm deaths by one third.
An analysis of three decades of school shootings.
Murder rates in U.S. cities, ranked.
A summary of Democratic candidates on gun control.
How to prevent the next mass shooting.
Massachusetts Gun Violence Prevention & Other States
Southbridge high school teacher arrested for intentionally placing ammunition in the school’s stairwell.
Connecticut gun violence homicides fell 40% after permit to purchase law enacted in 1995.
In California, one third of recovered firearms are ghost guns.
Florida mall shooting kills one and injures two people.
A Georgia high school teacher arrested after firing a gun in class.
Several shot at a house party near Indiana Ball State University.
A Minnesota man sentenced for pulling a gun on teens in McDonalds.
The New York Senate passes a bill to ban ghost guns.
Ohio High School student tributes her graduation cap to gun violence victims.
An Oregon hospital prepares for mass shootings with an active shooter drill.
A year ago, a Texas high school shooting left ten dead.
The Gun Industry Rounds
NRA board member Allen West calls on Wayne LaPierre to resign.
The NRA could lose their non-profit status.
Leaked documents show extravagant spending by NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre.
More leaked documents reveal the NRA’s mounting legal fees.
Former staff share poor conditions at NRA headquarters.
NRA’s lawsuit against New York on murder insurance dismissed.