September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
~ VPC Executive Director Josh Sugarman
58% of gun deaths in Massachusetts are suicides.
The Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO) is a tool to prevent suicides.
In Other News:
- A mass shooting at a middle school averted in Florida.
- New York and major cities across the country see a rise in ghost guns.
- The Charlotte North Carolina high school shooter killed two, including a toddler.
- In Pennsylvania, a teen was fatally shot at a Halloween hayride.
- In the first 9 months of 2021, Gun Violence Archive reported nearly 1,455 unintentional shootings.
- President Biden withdraws his ATF nominee, David Chipman.
If you or anyone you know is in distress, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Available 24 hours at 800-273-8255