Wear Orange kicks off on June 1st: Monday CRUSH IT!
- Show your #WearOrange support on Facebook by adding a frame to your profile pic. Select to update your profile pic; click on Add Frame, search for ‘Wear Orange SHV’; add it, then save!
- Take it up a notch and create your own #WearOrange graphic. We created a free CANVA template just for you to copy and edit. Personalize it with your own photo & quote, then post it on social media. Tag us on Twitter and Instagram @stophandguns; and/or Facebook @stophandgunviolence. Don’t forget to add hashtags #WearOrange and #EndGunViolence.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED.
It’s virtual advocacy! Help us advocate for two priority bills:
- H.2045/S.1388 An Act Relative to Crime Gun Data Analysis and Reporting
- SSYI: Safe and Secure Youth Initiatives funding
June 3rd Wednesday: Contact your Lawmakers
- MA bills H.2045/S.1388 An Act Relative to Crime Gun Data Analysis & Reporting. Read more about it and take action.
- Tell Congress BAN 3D-printed guns, also known as ghost guns. Take action.
June 4th Thursday: Get out the VOTE.
- Sign-on here to get Ranked Choice Voting on the 2020 MA ballot.
- Tell Congress to support the Natural Disaster & Emergency Ballot Act 2020 (NDEBA), a National vote-by-mail initiative.
- Check your voting status and ask a friend to do the same!
- Let’s get #WearOrange trending! Take a selfie, tag us @stophandguns for a Retweet or Insta story share.
The story behind Wear Orange
National Gun Violence Awareness honors Hadiya Pendleton, after she was shot and killed in Chicago at the age of 15. The color orange was chosen to represent safety and recognizes the more than 100 lives cut short and the hundreds more wounded by gun violence everyday. Together, we turn America orange the first week of June again this year with a week of action.