Massachusetts Senate publicly announced more details behind SD.2968, An Act Relative to Saving Black Lives and Transforming Public Safety.
The bill is expected to vote and pass in the Senate this week, but elected officials still need to hear from you.
On our calendar:
- March For Our Lives:MA chapter is co-hosting an online forum with Senator Markey and Congressman Kennedy on July 15th. Register here.
- Jr. Newtown Action Alliance summer music series in July and August. Register here.
- Grandmothers Against Gun Violence rally at the Hyannis Airport Rotary on Tues. July 14th.
- Change The Ref Guac-athon to celebrate Joaquin’s 20th birthday on August 4th.
Gun Violence in a pandemic.
- 15 year old shot and killed in Roxbury.
- Shooter at the Braintree South Shore Mall arrested.
- One killed and four injured at a July 4th cookout in Lynn.
- Georgia Governor Kemp deploys National Guard to Atlanta without consent from the Mayor.
- Michigan couple who brandished their gun in a parking lot was charged with felony assault.
- Protestors return peacefully to the mansion of St. Louis couple who threatened them with firearms.
- Armed gun owners protested in Washington D.C. included Boogaloos.
- In North Carolina, a woman was killed from celebratory gun fire.
- Poway Synagogue shooting victims sue Smith & Wesson, gun shop and the shooter.
- Nearly $600M proposed in the Congressional House spending bill for police reform.
- Subway bans open carry of firearms in their stores.