Gun Violence doesn’t stop in a pandemic.
A rise in gun violence is being felt across the country. In Massachusetts, victim injuries and deaths have nearly doubled in June.
- In quarantine, children are at an increased risk of finding unsecured guns in their homes.
- Gun background checks reach a new record high in June.
- In California, 2 dead in a shooting at Walmart Distribution Center.
- Colorado supreme court upholds state ban on large capacity magazines.
- In Michigan, a woman brandishes a gun at a mother and daughter in a parking lot.
- St. Louis couple draw and point guns at protestors walking by their residence.
- In Olympia Washington, Sacha Baron Cohen duped an event by the Washington 3% — a pro-gun group.
On our calendar:
- Jr. Newtown Action Alliance summer music series in July and August. Register here.
- Grandmothers Against Gun Violence rally at the Hyannis Airport Rotary on Tues. July 14th.
- Change The Ref nominations are now being accepted for the Joaquin “GUAC” Oliver award to recognize the bravest activist against gun violence. The GUAC award will be announced on August 5th.