In the News:
- Massachusetts has a blind spot to assault weapons.
- Gun stores in proximity to schools are not welcome in Newton.
- Wellesley addresses zoning for gun stores.
- Mass shooting at a birthday party in Colorado.
- Colorado introduces 3 new gun bills in response to Boulder shooting.
- After shootings in NY and CO, grocery store workers don’t feel safe.
- Oregon waits for their Governor to sign safe storage into law.
- The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act continues to shield the gun industry from civil litigation since 2005.
- Rand research shows 550,000 hospitalized due to gun injuries from 2000-2016.
“The Court finds, based on the totality of the circumstances, that the NRA’s bankruptcy petition was not filed in good faith but instead an effort to gain an unfair litigation advantage in the NYAG Enforcement Action, and as an effort to avoid a regulatory scheme.” ~Judge Harlin Hale
Read more about the ruling here.
SAVE THE DATE!
For #WearOrange this year, we join our partners with the MA Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence for a statewide virtual Advocacy Day on June 3, 2021 for Not One More. Register HERE.
Celebrating LDB Peace Institute
25th Mother’s Day Peace Walk!